Ok ladies, here are
some tips to give you an idea of what you're doing wrong. Dont worry its not
too late to clean up your act and fix your MOC profile. You can still be
that XscenestersuperstarX that you've always dreamed you'd be.
Be A Coat Hanger @ Shows: (if you dont follow these first
five you're screwed)
1. Ok girls, stay in the back where you belong, at
every show its crucial to look your best to maintain your place in the scene (at least in Syracuse). We cant have any black
eyes now can we.
2. Hold your man's glasses, sweater and scarf while
he tears it up in the pit.
3. Your job is to look good and serve your man.
4. You have no place in the pit, unless its to tend
to that bloody pulp that was your emo boyfriend.
5. Between sets, follow him around like the lost puppy
6. Be that couple thats nauseatingly cute and smootchie. 7. Exchange vegan recipes with your
fellow coat hangers because you're cooking him dinner after the show and every night after that.
Your Hair: Short and spiky or winged out in back, long in front. Or you can do it up Betty style. If you must dye your hair (and we all know you MUST), make it black, red or blonde.
(Punk is dead, no green hair and for the Love-of-Pete NO technicolor dreads) A wise man once told me Kool-Aid is for drinking,
not your hair.
- Don't eat. You must stay fit,
especially when your man weighs 105 wet. Being vegan and straight edge is a scenesterly way to do this. (Guys Hate Fat Chicks)
- Wear skirts (the shorter the
better) and maryjane platform shoes. Ladies, don't forget your studded glitter
- Black jelly bracelets.
- Get a sleeve on one or both
arms. (it doesn't really matter what of, but it should include stars, X's and flowers)
- Make sure your pants have
a healthy 6" roll kickin'.
- Superfashion nerd frame glasses
are a must. The librarian look is #1 on the hot list for this fall/winter.
- If you need to go in the pit,
you must rock the tube top. I think its a new law or something.
Every Day Tips:
1. Its called bros before hos, learn it, like it, live by it and with it.
2. If he's in a band, hump
him. If he's the singer, he can put it in the butt. And always remember to tip the merch guy.
- Everything you do should be
for the team.
- You can never have enough
skulls or stars.
- Don't be Yoko.
- No Deep discussions about
the scene (peeps will think youre a snotty bitch) but name-drop your 'lil heart out, cuz the more peeps you know, the cooler
you are. By "know" we mean "slept with".
Unless you're actually
blue collar (yourself), dont try to rock the butt pocket bandana.
- No more than 2 fashion belts
at one time.
- No DIY type clothes, HELLO!
That only works for guys.